Who we are
The Crowd Guru GmbH was founded in 2008 and is located right at the heart of the very popular Berlin-Kreuzberg area. We’re a fairly small, but well established company successfully offering a range of outsourcing services that make use of the principle of crowdsourcing. Our software platform and the support by our talented crowd worker community enable us to fulfill data and text harvesting of significant volumes.
What problem do we solve?
Nowadays lots of companies are adjusting their business processes towards data and content driven strategies. We can greatly support those companies and their internal employees by handling the acquisition, direct validation, categorization and editing of huge quantities of data. The training of algorithms and the enrichment of sales data are just two examples for the data services we offer. Furthermore, we’re providing extensive text content for some of Germany’s most important websites.
Orders get processed using our own platform. The platform is developed in-house, enabling registered crowd workers to accept and process jobs directly. Currently our community consists of about 40,000 registered crowd workers taking the opportunity to make some extra money.
- Development of new functions and features for our platform
- Continued development of the internal crowd job builder
- Continued development of automated quality assurance processes
- Solid knowledge of PHP OOP, MySQL and HTML5, CSS, jQuery
- Experience with BDD, TDD, unit tests is a benefit
- General knowledge of handling frameworks (Symfony & jQuery)
- Fluency in English and / or German
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Motivation for self-development and willingness to extend skills independently
- Strong communication skills regarding requirement processes
- At least two PHP projects completed in the past (university, prior job or private projects – impress us!)
- Take ownership of your projects from day 1
- Be part in developing a vibrant platform with highly motivated users
- A longtime project that offers a lot of variety and gives you an opportunity to evaluate, apply and enhance new technologies
- Enjoy the freedom to implement your own ideas
- Become part of a well-integrated team with flat hierarchies that grants for a productive work environment
Did we awake your interest? Great! Don’t hesitate and send your CV and your earliest possible entry date to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
We only accept and reply to direct applications, recruiting agencies will receive no reply.